Welcome to our Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). We believe that children in the Foundation Stage build their skills, attitudes and dispositions which provide the foundations for positive life-long learning. It is a very important stage in preparing children for future learning and successes.
Thank you to everyone who attended the New Intake Parent meeting on 23rd May 2019.
We look forward to welcoming you to our EYFS setting during the two weeks of visits beginning on Tuesday 4th June 2019. This will give you a chance to look around our EYFS environment and get to know the EYFS team. Your child will have the opportunity to take part in activities within our indoor and outdoor environments and engage with other children. We welcome exisiting parents who have children remaining with us in September 2019.
Summer Term 2019
September 2019 intake visits
Tuesday 4th - Friday 7th June 2019 - 9.30-11am / 1.30-3pm
Monday 10th - 14th June 2019 - 9.30-11am / 1.30-3pm
Autumn Term 2019
Nursery-aged children will begin when their first session falls from this date.
You will find additional information you may find useful at the bottom of this page.
We understand this is a big step for children to take and we work hard to ensure transition is as smooth as possible. If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me via the school office.
Miss Adams - Deputy Head / EYFS Lead
Miss K Adams EYFS Leader / Deputy Headteacher
Miss J Riches EYFS teacher
Miss Adams is our EYFS lead and together with Miss Riches are the teachers in EYFS. If you have any questions about EYFS please do not hesitate to ask. Miss Adams is also the Senior Designated Person for Safeguarding. She deputises for Miss Conner, the headteacher, when she is not in school.
All staff in school are first aid trained. In addition, staff in EYFS hold paediatric first aid certificates. Currently Miss Adams, Miss Riches, Mrs Smith, Mrs Stead and Mrs Twite hold this paediatric qualification.
If your child has or develops a medical condition or severe allergy please speak to Miss Adams about staff training.
EYFS useful websites
- www.cbeebies.co.uk – here you will find an assortment of activities that link to the areas of learning within the EYFS curriculum.
- www.phonicsplay.co.uk - click on 'free' and select phase 2 games.
- http://www.ictgames.com/phonemePopLS_v2.html - helps your child to learn their letter sounds
- http://www.mathcats.com/explore/polygons.html - build a picture using 2d shapes
- http://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/teddy - numbers counting out objects up to 15
- http://www.primaryresources.co.uk – click on the tabs and select the games Maths – size order, buried shapes, shape memory test, order the numbers.